Big companies and international representative offices
There are 1,000+ IT companies in Belarus. 560 of them are based in the Hi-Tech Park (HTP); their 2018 exports to the US alone neared $600m. Their core markets are the United States and Western Europe. 30% of Fortune Global 200 companies have worked with HTP residents: Facebook, Microsoft, Northrop Grumman, PepsiCo, Whirlpool, 3M, Amazon.com, Cisco Systems, HP, Oracle, Xerox, Disney, Intel, Apple, IBM.
Here are some of the top Belarusian employers:
- EPAM is the company engaged in the development of digital products and platforms, sophisticated design and software solutions. The Belarusian office employs over 10,000 professionals. In 2018, the company relocated 180 people to Belarus. Its customers are companies from the Fortune Global 2000.
- Wargaming: the maker of the iconic tanks has 18 offices and 4,500+ employees worldwide. Minsk development center is the largest with over 2,200 staff.
- Itransition: an IT holding (jointly with A1QA and iflexion), repeatedly featured among the world’s best outsourcing companies (in Software 500, Global Outsourcing 100, Global Services 100 rankings). Minsk staff: ~2,200 people.
- ISsoft is one of the major Belarusian developers. Projects for the US and Western Europe: finance, insurance, medicine, automotive manufacturing, entertainment, tourism and travel. Clientele: John Deere, Daikin Applied, Videology and other brands. 1,200 employees in Belarus.
- iTechArt has 7 offices in Belarus, two in the USA and one in London. 1,700+ employees; projects in the US, Australia, UK, Ireland, Norway, Netherlands, Belgium, Switzerland, Germany, Russia, Hong Kong. Domains include financial and insurance sector, retail, healthcare, education, security systems, telecommunications industry.
- IBA Group is one of the largest developers in Central and Eastern Europe. It is a holding of 20+ enterprises in 12 countries. Engaged in complex projects in the banking sector, digitizing public services. 2,200+ staff in the country.
- Intetics is an American software company with Belarusian roots. Established in Minsk in 1995. In 2015, made it to the 2015 Global Outsourcing 100 ranking by the International Association of Outsourcing Professionals (IAOP). On April 20, 2018 Boris Kontsevoy, President and CEO of the Belarusian IT company Intetics Inc. joined the Forbes Technical Council.
- Established in 1994, BELHARD is among the nation’s oldest companies. It started as a partner for Hewlett-Packard. 800 staff in Belarus.
- Godel Technologies Europe is an outsourcing company that works with Rentalcars.com, Jet2, Virgin Holidays, Feefo, Boden, SecretSales, CliffordThames, Manheim, TheTrainLine.com. Headquartered in Manchester, UK; 600 developers in Belarus.
- SoftClub is the country’s top solution provider for banks, public sector, e-commerce and the exchange industry. No. 1 developer for the domestic market. Customer geography: CIS countries, EU, Southeast Asia, USA. 600 staff in Minsk.
- SK hynix memory solutions Eastern Europe is an R&D center within the South Korean corporation, DRAM and NAND semiconductor memory manufacturer for Apple, LG, ASUS, Microsoft, Dell. The Minsk facility develops and tests firmware for flash-based storage controllers used in mobile devices and solid-state drives. 220+ people employed in Belarus.
- Yandex: the Russian IT giant’s Minsk office employs ~200 people. They are engaged in the development and testing of Yandex search engine, Yandex.Browser for computers and mobile devices Yandex services.Maps, Yandex.Mail, Yandex.Metrics for applications, Music and Store apps.