Community. 2-3 bright IT events happen in Minsk daily
Large conferences and intimate niche meetings, meetups and workshops, exchange of experience and pitchings, discussions and master classes, paid and free events. The city features many venues for IT experts’ training and communication.
Every year, Minsk hosts 40+ large conferences on programming languages, mobile development, testing, management, recruitment and IT business. They are held by both large local companies (in which case the events are often free) and independent teams/venues.
Examples of the largest, most popular and recurring events:
- CSS-Minsk-JS is the first Belarusian conference for front-end developers and UI specialists with all talks in English
- Voxxed Days Minsk: Java
- f(by): functional programming
- PyCon Belarus on Python: Python
- RubyConfBY: Ruby, Rails and related technologies
- GoWayFest: Go
- EMERGE: a conference dedicated to IT technologies in Eastern Europe
- MAMA Minsk: mobile attribution
- DelEx Conference: DevOps and Test Automation
- IoT Focus Minsk. Tech Conference: Internet of things
- TRIZ Summit: TRIZ in business, IT, technology, high school learning
- Data Fest Minsk: data science
- Big Data and Advanced Analytics Conference
- AI Man: artificial Intelligence, data science and machine learning
- RAUX Conference: UX/UI design
Management and analytics
- IT Spring 2019: management, working with data when making a product
- Minsk iGaming Affiliate Conference: traffic arbitrage in iGaming niche
Minsk IT community is represented by several dozens of events a week—to the most niche interest groups. On top of that, IT events take place in all the country’s major cities.
The SPACE IT platform’s team annually compiles and updates the list of Minsk IT communities. In 2019, they counted more than 70 communities in Minsk, Grodno, Vitebsk and Brest. Here’s a map of these communities.
The most popular IT venues in Minsk:
- SPACE: events and coworking.
- Imaguru: events, coworking, education.
- MakeIT.center: hackspace.
- The Hardware Development Center is an inflatable building in hackspace where one can assemble a robot.
The biggest media outlet covering IT in Belarus is the specialized dev.by: news and big stories about local companies, working there, about programmers themselves. Country’s largest media also write about technology: tut.by and onliner.by.