IT specialists in Belarus. Let’s have a look what working in IT here means: salaries, conditions, demographics, sentiment
- The average salary in the IT sector is ~$2,000
- 90% of IT professionals are happy with their job
- 70% feel very confident about their future
- The majority of Belarusian IT experts benefit from a social package: medical services, sports, extra vacation days
- Outsourcing companies are balanced by mixed-model products and companies
- Fields of IT activities in Belarus
- 29 years: mean age of an IT specialist in the country
- Nearly 30% have over 7 years of industry experience—there are more and more office professionals in the country
- Women account for over 25% of Belarusian IT representatives. Their participation in the sector is growing, the one-gender pattern disappears.
- 88.2% of IT specialists in Belarus live in Minsk
For more info on the topic check out the dev.by’s annual survey about the Belarusian IT. It has been running for 10 years now.