On top of the pay. What IT specialists get in Minsk besides the money
The IT sector-average salary in Belarus exceeds $2,000. Great professionals are offered salaries of $5,000 and more. What else do IT people normally get in Minsk?
In 90% of cases, a Belarusian company provides them with a social package.
The most common perks and bonuses:
- free service at private medical centers (more details on medicine in Belarus here),
- free gym/exercise,
- sponsored education (courses, languages, conferences, events),
- extra vacation days.
Relocation bonus may include the following:
- sightseeing in Minsk, combined with interviews;
- tickets when relocating;
- shipping costs for personal things;
- temporary accommodation—a hotel or an apartment (for example, for a month);
- help with all the required paperwork;
- help with apartment rental;
- a relocation allowance/cash bonus.
Often Belarusian companies help relocate not just their employees, but also their spouses, children and even partners.